Thursday, July 23, 2009

Breathing

Something many, many, many of us take for granted,
even though it is something so vital in our lives...

~Andrea Boydston~

Didn't really think about it much too, until I was forced forced myself to really push my limits when I went jogging for the past few days. I just can't seem to breathe properly while undergoing physical strain. =( My diaphragm would start hurting and then came the numbness in my hands. After awhile, I would begin to see little white lights. Next would probably be me sprawled unconscious on the ground but no, I didn't push that hard... =P

Honestly? I freaked out at first. Hahahaha. Wouldn't you?
It all started last saturday evening, during the Sutera Harbour organised 7km charity run. (which ended up as more of a 3 km run +4 km walk for me)
I was enlightened on the breathing thing by the ever caring E, who stayed by my side the whole time even though she must have probably been thinking "aiyo, so slow...". Sorry E! Anyways, she said she used to have breathing probs too. And it really slowed her down. Apparently, the trick was to control my breathing from the beginning, and not only when I was beginning to feel like I'd die of asphyxiation.
But hey, we made it! I made it through the entire 7000 metres of toe-torture! =D

Then the very next day, But then we were supposed to be jogging in a group around the lake and it got pretty obvious that I couldn't catch up. I finally told Shawn my hands were numb. And he said, "lower them awhile, let the blood flow." =)
Conclusion: My blood circulation's really bad.

So in a sudden fitness frenzy, E n I have been jogging (Well, E's doing most of the jogging. I just try hard to catch up) almost everyday. Maybe today's going to be an exception since it's getting dark and the blue-coloured lump is still fast asleep on the floor behind me. Hehehe.

Before signing off, (probably for another very long spell) here's a cekap quote related to breathing:

Breathing is the greatest pleasure in life.
~Giovanni Papini~

No comments: