Thursday, July 2, 2009

Muff-muffs

Muffins, muffins and more muffins.
Then there were the muff-kies (thanks to Haziq) and scone-fins. ;)

8 days of pure muffin baking and packaging was, for me:
-(as expected) repetitious
- insightful
- fun
- thought-provoking

Weird huh? Hahaha. I do know that I never want to end up working in a factory line. But I have also learnt that having the right attitude can make the most monotonous job a super enjoyable one.

I experienced that fatigue one gets when working your arse off at that time of the month. Guess I've always used it as an excuse to slack once every month. Haha. Tired was an understatement.

And boy, I think I got a glimpse of what Mel felt last year. It's not only the physical strain but also the mental pressure...
*Salutes* To everyone who's been in charge of any project involving a dateline, the efficiency of your team to succeed, and a target result that was not confirmed until the last minute. (That's you too Deb!)

Pressure is not something I work very well with. But I truly praise the Lord for giving me a wonderful team of people, nay, friends to help push me up every time I felt down.
The worst was when we got negative feedback... Thanks Deb for convincing me and helping me feel better,and not just give up. (Though it was just SO tempting)

I got to know many beautiful souls, and I got so much closer to many of them in my team.
Thanks for spending all your time and energy with me for the past one week.
Thanks for the encouraging smiles and the perseverance.
Thanks for all the ideas, both accepting and giving.
Thanks for sharing a little bit of yourselves with me. =)

It has been a super, super tiring week, and an even more super memorable one.
3 cheers for the Muffin Team!

And to those who haven't been here physically but have been keeping us in thought and prayers,
mom, dad, eeleen, whee, mel, sue, and all you others... A huge thank you too... =)
I wouldn't have managed to retain what little sanity I had left without your concern and care. Hugs.. Thanks for the prayers..

I'm so proud of the SSMP Muffin Baking Team 2009/2010!

No comments: