Monday, February 28, 2011

Update #1

Guess I should begin re-blogging with what happened when I wasn't blogging. Though it may seem irrelevant to the here and now but they're still what I've been through and a part of what makes me, me. =)

First up: My attempt at making shepherd's pie! =D
I'll leave the end product picture for later... Gotta create a build-up right? Some suspense. So... Here's the process.

Firstly,boil some potatoes until soft enough for you to mash into a smooth and yummy texture.
 Then, (obviously) mash it up. 

Next, (sounds so much like those high school essays!) prepare the beef/whatever minced meat that's gonna be the core of your pie. Added carrots and a (very modified) mix of sauces, as well as peas for some greens!


After that (or if possible simultaneously while preparing the meat filling - depending on your ability in the kitchen), melt some butter in a pan and add in the mashed potatoes. Feel free to add whatever you think is needed to improve the recipe. Life without creativity = no life.
Find a baking tray or any container that would go into an oven without melting or exploding and fill it up with your meat + vege mixture. Then evenly spread out the super fragrant mash potatoes into layer on top of that like so.
In the spirit of creativity, I modified the knife designs on the potato surface. =D
So finally, here it is. End Product:

 Lessons learnt:


Too much potato, not enough other stuff.  
Baking tray was way too big (too wide of a surface area).

But boleh pass bah kan? Compared to this - what it's supposed to look like. 
Hmm. On second thoughts. Maybe I should have tried a few more times before I posted that picture up. Hahaha.
It honestly didn't taste bad though. Promise. =)

Will experiment more, when I'm in the mood.

3 comments:

skyofwishes said...

your one seem quite nice also ah (where you cook this?)
the real one seem too "juicy" ady. haha.

-Prashant- said...

in my books, you get a
*BIG PASS!* :)
*gobbles the leftovers*

-Prashant- said...

in my books you get a "BIG PASS"
*gobbles up the leftovers..*