Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Could it Be???

Was just having a discussion last night with V about what helped me release steam. You know, the one thing you can escape to when you're under pressure and after spending time on it for awhile, everything seems ok again and you can go back to finishing whatever it was that caused you stress in the first place. For him, it was exercise. Some people go for a movie, some clean their room/house. I wasn't sure what mine was, and to be honest, I've been wondering for quite awhile now...

So after last night, I decided to be a little more conscious about what it is that I was more inclined to. V also encouraged me to adopt a more go-getter attitude in this pursuit of the discovery of my passion. So let's see,
  1. I love reading. But I don't think it's going to be much help in being a short term refuge from stress. It's more of a form of running away from reality. Long-term. For as long as I can. =P
  2. um.... yeah, the list stops here. 
I mean, there are loads of other things I enjoy doing, but it's only as much as the average person. The usual staple of watching movies/funny clips on YouTube, short bouts of exercise, etc. But I was hoping I could find a more substantial interest. One that's real and relevant enough to qualify as a 'passion'. And then as I was doing my lab report and browsing through pictures to include, I realised I felt oddly happy + excited when I saw pictures of food preparation, especially those involving baking. Hmmm...


This is super weird because I thought I was the last person who's ever feel comfortable in a kitchen. I've always thought all the cooking skills in the family was channeled to my brother instead of to me. Well, we'll see where this leads. =)

3 comments:

skyofwishes said...

cook for me and you could released stress ady. haha.
then, you happy and i also happy. :P
haha.

Jen said...

would you dare to eat my cooking though? ;)

-Prashant- said...

mula-mula masak........lepas tu....MAKAN habis aje lah, baru pusa..!!
tak usah bagi org lain makan.. :P